The City of Tucson has contracted with CGI to host TucsonAdvantage, the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, at CGI's Phoenix Data Center. CGI will host and manage the operations, performance and availability of the ERP system. Also know as Managed Advantage, this agreement will increase efficiency, reliability and integration of the City's financial, human resources, budget, payroll and procurement systems.
Key benefits of moving to a hosted system include:
- 24 by 7 monitoring and incident remediation by CGI.
- Best practices based on ITIL, PMI, ISO and CMMI industry standards.
- Audit compliance. Compliance is built into the system and control measures are used in all system processes to validate compliance.
- Increased data center resources and reliability. A cloud-based intrastructure offers redundant servers and storage, higher capacity for performance and storage.
- Disaster recovery services. CGI provides disaster avoidance processes as well as plans for recovery in the event of a major disaster.
- Software update control. CGI manages code updates, upgrades and patches.
The City's financial, budget and reporting systems went live on the hosted system in June. Human Resources is scheduled for the end of November of 2013.
Moving responsibility for the maintenance and support of these system from City I.T. to CGI frees hardware, software and human resources within Information Technology to focus on providing more local, specific solutions to City staff and the citizens of Tucson.